Keeping the World Connected with Words, One Geek at a Time! ;)
It’s that time again…
I will be off the grid for a bit. If you need/want to get a hold of me please email or text.
We make choices everyday.
So good, so bad.
Why are some so much easier than others?
We like to choose what is easy. Oh, it is easier to sit here and type these words, instead of doing what I should be doing. Fixing a computer for a client.
Why is it easier to not commit yourself to sit down and the thing you should be doing?
I’ll tell you and I don’t need a big old long post and I won’t sugar coat it.
You are lazy.
We want to do the least amount of work and weld the most result.
This is human nature. Nothing new here, move a long.
So how do we fix this “being lazy”. Well, I can’t tell you and I know you won’t follow anything I advise you to do to fix this problem. Why, you may ask?? Well, only you can change you. I know that is cliche, but its true. You have to make that choice to want to change as well. Until then you are going to be stuck in the same rut forever.
If you want a way to start then just start. Pick a small part of your life and do something about. Example, find a pile of books and sort through them. Donate the ones you will never read again and store the rest. Done. Next make lists (not on the computer, on a blank piece of paper and use a pen). Use them to help you organize your thoughts and then start crossing them off. Keep crossing them off until that list is all done. Don’t make a new list every time. Seeing your accomplishments will show you that you’re making a change.
Hello, I am looking for any Doctor Who groups, organizations, etc that are in Michigan, USA, preferably Detroit area.
I am looking for user group or Who Con or a Gallifrey One in Michigan any time soon?
What are your top 5 social media sites?
What are your 5?
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I’ve ever written”
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.
But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time some time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
Its estimated 93% won’t forward, share or tweet this. If you are one of the 7% who will, forward this with the title ’7%’.
I’m in the 7%.
Let us know what type technology you received for the holiday!? What type of things are you trying to do with your new Tech?
Get an iPad mini or new iPhone or a Ninetendo 3DS?
Are you using for work, school or just for fun?
Let’s see if this posts to everything… Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook
Welcome to 2013 everyone!
Let’s make this the best / luckiest year yet!